Bonding textile floor coverings? Need a solution that is permanent and repositionable whilst posing minimal health impacts? Forget looking elsewhere – Gekko provides the adhesive you need to get the job done in record time. Introducing Gekko G47: a high-performance general purpose surface tackifier, currently available in 22ltr canisters and 500ml aerosol cans. Convenience meets performance with this contractors’ favourite…
Achieving rapid, permanent and reliable bonds shouldn’t come at a heavy price – either to your personal health or your wallet. We’re standing up for flooring contractors G47: a cost-effective and acutely engineered system that features a cleaner, safer formula than the rest:
- Convenience: There’s a reason that G47 is one of our most popular products. Put simply, this adhesives merges convenience and performance like no other. Whilst our canister system guarantees minimal waste, cleaner application and unrivalled ease-of-use, this adhesive has been engineered to be applied as a single-sided application directly to the subfloor.
- Permanent & Repositionable: When you work with Gekko Flooring Adhesives, you choose smarter and fit faster. We’ve driven research and development into this solution, and we’re pleased to announce that it provides a permanently tacky film of repositionable adhesive. Who knew bonding could be so hassle-free?
- Non-Chlorinated Formulation: It’s true – we’re passionate about making thousands of flooring contractors’ lives easier, one successful bonding job at a time. However, we’re equally passionate about prioritising their health & welfare. We’ve made this passion a reality by developing G47 with a non-chlorinated formulation, meaning our users can proceed with their work knowing that toxic and carcinogenic elements have been avoided.
- Made for Flooring: Sometimes getting the job done right means choosing an adhesive that has been developed especially for your application. With this in mind, we’ve developed Gekko G47 specifically for the installation of textile floor coverings. Choose Gekko 47 and work in total confidence that this is the perfect choice for the substrate you’re dealing with.
- More Coverage: We understand the challenges our customers face when installing textile floor coverings – especially where roller brushes and buckets are concerned. By choosing G47, flooring contractors can enjoy 400m2 application with our canisters and 10m2 with our aerosol cans – each offering the usability benefits of our web spray patterns.
Gekko G47: Convenience Meets Performance
Get the job done easier with our wand gun. Get the job done quicker with a 2-3 minute flash-off time. Never mind waiting around to move on to your next task – when you choose Gekko, you can wrap up the day in no time.
Already got your hands on G47? Bravo on making a great choice. We’ve brought together some Gekko Guidance on using G47 to it’s ultimate potential:
- Please note that G47 has been designed to be applied as a single sided bonding system.
- Prior to use, check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of G47 on the substrate.
- Before using G47, ensure that your working surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc.
- For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 16°C – 27°C.
- If using a G47 canister, spray approximately 6” – 10” away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain good surface coverage.
- Allow flash off time for the adhesive to tack off (2-3 minutes).
- If using a G47 Aerosol Spray Can, shake well before use and spray approximately 4” – 8″ away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform coat of adhesive to obtain good coverage of the surface.
- Adhere your surfaces and press them together using adequate pressure (a pressure roller can be used to apply uniform pressure to achieve maximum grab).
- Got a blockage in your G47 canister? Don’t sweat it. Unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with Gekko G92 or G93 solvent cleaners (sold separately).
It’s permanent. It’s repositionable. It’s game-changing. It’s Gekko G47!
Get Your Hands on Gekko G47
Bonding doesn’t have to be bothersome. G47 provides the features & benefits you need to get the job done accurately, reliably and ergonomically. To find out more about this smart adhesive or to place your order, get in touch and we’ll be happy to help. Alternatively, visit our official stockists page to find our nearest Gekko distributor.