Here at Gekko, we know that bonding jobs call for the right adhesive – and that’s certainly the case for the many flooring contractors we’re proud to call customers. That’s why we’ve been hard at work in developing Gekko 42: a vinyl high-grab P.U. contact adhesive that has been specially designed for bonding PVC flooring profiles and vinyl floorcoverings. Don’t get stuck on your stairway job – just get Gekko!
With Gekko G42, we’re taking reliability to the next level. Tried, tested and fully certified at the world-leading laboratories at Quin Global, we’ve brought together some of the best brains in bonding to offer unique benefits with G42:
- Acutely Engineered: When we say we have an adhesive for (virtually) every application, we mean it. Bonding PVC flooring profile and vinyl floor coverings presents its own set of challenges, and we’ve stepped up the mark with G42: perfect for installing these floor coverings to stair risers & treads. When you need to move up in the world, choose Gekko.
- A Big Promise: We’re absolutely certain around the reliability and sheer sticking strength of Gekko G42. So certain, in fact, that we’re delighted to offer a lifetime guarantee against bond failure caused by plasticizer migration.
- Water & Temp Resistant: Reliable bonds shouldn’t face degradation or erosion as a result of water or heat contact. By choosing Gekko G42, flooring contractors make an investment in a protected bond for life. We’re pleased to say that G42 is 100% waterproof and boasts a temperature resistance of 169°c – ideal for when the going gets hot!
- Fully certified: We believe in putting our money where our mouth is when it comes to sheer sticking strength. With Gekko G42, flooring contractors invest in a solution that has gone through a series of stringent test methods, including adhesion tests and performance testing (this product passes the requirements under BS EN 14259).
Gekko G42: Discover a Bond for Life
Bonding PVC flooring or vinyl floor coverings? Need a solution that is flexible enough to work around stair risers and treads whilst flashing off in 5 minutes? Gekko 42 has your back with a lifetime guarantee. Plasticizer migration? What plasticizer migration…
To get your flooring experience off to the best start with G42, we’ve shared some quick tips:
- Before using G42, check its compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate you’re working with.
- Before bonding with Gekko G42, ensure that your surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc. For the very best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 16°C – 27°C.
- Spray Gekko G42 approximately 6” – 10” away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface.
- Allow flash off time (roughly 5 minutes) for G42 to tack off.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. A mallett can be used to apply uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength.
- Allow 24 hours for G42 to fully cure.
- If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with Gekko G92 or G93 solvent cleaners (do not use a pin on the spray tip!)
Get Your Hands on Gekko G42
Bonding doesn’t have to be bothersome. G42 provides the features & benefits you need to get the job done accurately, reliably and ergonomically. To find out more about this smart adhesive or to place your order, get in touch and we’ll be happy to help. Alternatively, visit our official stockists page to find our nearest Gekko distributor.