There’s lots of reasons why Gekko’s range of adhesives are chosen by flooring fitters, joiners and other contractors around the world. When we say our solutions are smart, we mean it. As we enter those darker, colder nights, we’re offering an adhesive that achieves immediate permanent bonds, helping you finish the job and start relaxing sooner. Introducing the Gekko 51: a firm customer favourite.
It’s getting nippy outside, and getting that bonding job done properly and quickly is all the more important. The Gekko G51 General Purpose Contact Adhesive Canister system allows you to do just that. Expertly engineered for bonding carpets to subfloors, the G51 exhibits a fast-drying contact adhesive system with a long open time and strong heat resistance (up to 105°C).
Gekko G51: Fast Application, Quick Tack-Off
If you’re looking for a solution that seals immediate and permanent bonds, this product is the natural choice. You can achieve permanent bonds via double-sided application onto most substrates. With a super-fast application and quick tack-off, this is a strong all-rounder that allows you to proceed with confidence.
We know that it can be difficult to find one adhesive system that can be used across a range of applications. When it comes to bonding, the G51 is about as versatile as it gets. Whilst it has been designed for bonding carpets to subfloors, it has also been used for bonding wood; foams, fabrics, some plastics and a range of porous and nonporous surfaces where an immediate and permanent bond is required.
The G51 has also been used for bonding laminate to panel boards such as MDF and plywood, with its versatility, portability and easy application making it a leading system in the market. So, what makes the system so smart?
- High Coverage via web spray
- Ergonomic Application
- High Temperature Resistance (up to 105°C)
- High Strength
- Fast Drying
- Portable System
- Easy Application Control
- Economic – our system prevents wastage
Tips on Using the Gekko G51
Before you start using the Gekko G51, check out the following advice:
- Before you begin bonding a surface, make sure it is sound, clean, dry and dust-free, as well as being clear of grease and other contaminants.
- If you’re bonding onto an existing floor, ensure it is totally free from all polish/wax. T
- Before bonding onto a subfloor, make sure that subfloor has been subject to 28 days of maturing and has a maximum of 3% moisture content or 70% equilibrium.
- The room in which the floor is being installed should be in excess of 15°C and register an ambient humidity between 40% and 70% while the adhesive is in use.
- Shake well before use.
- The Gekko G51 is NOT recommended for use with plasticised vinyl; flexible plastics, expanded/extruded polystyrene, PE or PP.
The Gekko 51 is currently available in 500ml and 22ltr volumes. Those wishing to learn more about the application of this adhesive, including a more detailed tutorial on the bonding process should consult the spray manual.
Choose Smarter, Fit Faster with the Gekko G51
Looking for a solid all-rounder this winter? Look no further. Contractors & distributors are invited to learn more about the G51 by reaching out to our sales team via email on email@example.com. Alternatively, give us a call on 0845 381 2233 or find your nearest stockist!