They say watching stuff dry can be tedious. And, with our experience in making adhesives, we know that’s true. That’s why we’ve engineered a super-versatile adhesive with a flash-off time of under 3 minutes (avg. 1-2 mins). Get the job done faster with the Gekko G51: available in 22L canisters and 500ml aerosol cans.
Don’t get stuck waiting on your adhesive curing. The G51 cuts out bonding boredom with a fast drying time, flashing off in less than three minutes. Forget standing around your worksite – this general purpose contact adhesive gets to work in the same time it takes to make a cup of tea. After all, why wait longer?
Gekko G51: Because Why Wait Longer?
Here at Gekko Adhesives, we know that our customers have a lot more to worry about than bonding. However, moving on with the next part of your job often means waiting on your adhesive to tack off. Fortunately, this industrial-grade product has been developed with your time in mind, allowing you to achieve immediate & permanent bonds using a double-sided application.
It sticks, and it sticks fast. But what are some of the other benefits of the G51?
- Versatile: Got a bonding job to do? It’s highly likely the G51 can do it. Versatility is exactly what contractors need, and we’re making those contractors’ lives easier with a solution that is suitable for bonding across a huge variety of substrates. From hardboard and cement to concrete and chipboard, G51 has your bond secured.
- Convenient: Bonding doesn’t get any handier with the G51. Whilst the solution is fast-drying, users of the G51 can enjoy an impressive 40 minute open time for those longer sticking jobs. Enjoy ease-of-use with our handy-spray cans. Or, take that convenience to the ultimate level with a 22L canister, with our nifty Pro Gun spreading a web stray with an impressive coverage 160m2 / 4m2. Who knew bonding could be so easy?
- Resistance: The Gekko G51 general purpose contact adhesive offers a strong temperature resistance of up to 105°C, meaning you can proceed with confidence in the integrity of your bond if things ever get hot. What’s more, this industry-leading solution is odour-free!
You’ve had enough waiting when it comes to bonding jobs. Get the job done in minutes with the G51!
Gekko G51 General Purpose Contact Adhesive User Tips
- Prior to use, check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate.
- Before bonding ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc.
- For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 16°C – 27°C.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- When possible we recommend shaking the canister well before using.
- Spray approximately 6” – 10” away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface.
- Shake well before use.
- Spray approximately 4” – 8″ away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform coat of adhesive to obtain 80-100% coverage of the surface.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure.
- A pressure roller can be used to apply uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength. Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
- If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with Gekko G92 or G93 solvent cleaners.
- Do not use a pin on the spray tip.
Choose Smarter, Fit Faster: Get Your Gekko G51 Here
Get in touch with us and we’ll have your Gekko G51 to you in no time. Contact us today to discuss your order requirements. Alternatively, browse our full selection of smarter adhesives by viewing our full product range.