So – you’ve decided to Choose Smarter and Fit Faster with Gekko’s spray aerosol adhesives. Bravo on making the best decision of your week! Now you’ve got hands on one of our 500ml aerosols, we’ve got some tips to turn that good decision into a good job. Check it out!
Aerosol Precautions & Care
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use.
- DO NOT store at temperatures over 50°C.
- Always test products to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production.
- SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
- Invert can and spray after use to clear nozzle.
- Replace cap after use.
How to Spray the Right Way
- Prior to use, check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate.
- Before bonding ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc.
- For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 16°C – 27°C.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE.
- Spray approximately 4” – 8″ away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform coat of adhesive to obtain 80-100% coverage of the surface.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure.
- A pressure roller can be used to apply uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength.
- Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
- Use Gekko G92 or G93 solvent cleaners to remove any over spray.
Don’t Get Stuck on Spraying
Working with our aerosols shouldn’t get you into any sticky situations, and we’re keen to share our knowledge with those who need it. Don’t get stuck on your spraying job – get in touch with Gekko to get the right guidance for the right adhesive!