Today’s wall cladding requires an adhesive solution that is non-flammable, non-toxic and certified in its bonding strength. That’s why Gekko has pioneered research and development to engineer a tacky, high-grab solution that’s loaded with our innovative ZERO-FLAM™ technology, yielding an optimum level of finish without adverse effects upon health & safety. Introducing Gekko G12: the ultimate non-flammable contact adhesive for wall cladding.
It’s true: combustible wall cladding adhesive represents a significant risk – not only to users of a building, but also to the contractor involved in applying that adhesive. Indeed, the dangers presented by flammable wall cladding adhesive have highlighted the need for a solution that is not only non-flammable, but also free from toxic-compounds which can pose a threat to physical and environmental health.
Gekko has met this set of demands with G12: a revolutionary wall cladding contact adhesive that provides safer, cleaner and more even results:
- ZERO-FLAM™ Technology: Gekko G12 is a highly-popular member of our range of ZERO-FLAM™ adhesives – the market’s first selection of products to combine a non-flammable propellant with a non-flammable adhesive. When contractors choose Gekko G12, they can move on with the next phase of the job in confidence that their adhesive has been independently tested & proven to exceed all industry standards for flame projection control and performance.
- Dichloromethane Free: We understand that contractors have more to worry about than what goes into their adhesive. With this in mind we’ve developed Gekko G12 with a unique formulation that is 100% free from dichloromethane, meaning that our customers can work without concerns around potential health impacts.
- 10% More Coverage: Forget the limitations of using a roller brush and bucket. This smart adhesive is available in our innovative spray canister system, providing a level of coverage and ease of use that is simply unrivalled. When you combine G12’s fortified high-performance polymers with the dual-component formula, you’ll notice your productivity increase further with unrivalled sprayability and high-speed application.
- High-Grab, Fast-Dry: Waiting on adhesives to dry can represent a tedious part of the job. Gekko G12 navigates this concern with a tacky, high-grab formula which is tried, trusted & certified by the world-leading laboratories of Quin Global. Flash off in 3-4 minutes and enjoy a 60-minute open time with this safer, cleaner wall cladding solution.
Gekko G12: Wall Cladding Contact Adhesive, But Smarter
When you see the ZERO-FLAM™ label on your G12 canister, you can move onto the next stage of the job in the knowledge that your solution is 100% free from flammable adhesives, solvents & gases. Enjoy these benefits on top of a whopping surface coverage of 200 square meters!
Got your hands on Gekko G12? Check out some Gekko Guidance on getting your experience with G12 off to the best possible start…
- Before you get started with Gekko G12, check its compatibility by spraying a small test patch on your substrate.
- Prior to bonding, make sure your surfaces are clean, clear and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease. For the very best results, the temperature of G12 and the surfaces being bonded should be between 16°C – 27°C.
- When using the canister, spray the Gekko Gun approximately 6” – 10” away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. Allow flash off time (3-4 mins) for the adhesive to tack off.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. Once you’ve taken this step, allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
- If the spray tip clogs on your G12 canister, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with Gekko G92 or G93 solvent cleaners (do NOT use a pin on the spray tip).
Get Your Hands on Gekko G12
Bonding doesn’t have to be bothersome. G12 provides the features & benefits you need to get your wall cladding job done safely, reliably and ergonomically. To find out more about this smart adhesive or to place your order, get in touch and we’ll be happy to help. Alternatively, visit our official stockists page to find our nearest Gekko distributor.